For many repeat visitors to Montañita, they’ll agree with the fact that Montañita is the kind of place that you never want to leave. If you’re visiting for the first time, the warm oceans, snorkeling, surfing and all night partying will win you over in a heartbeat.
Pretty dam awesome, breathtaking and relaxation haven are just a few of the descriptive words that past visitors have used to describe the beach town. If you don’t believe it, plan a vacation to Montañita, and I guarantee you’ll never want to go home. Here are some of the reasons why you’ll want to stay:
- Exceptional accommodation: Montañita is the kind of destination that welcomes everyone with open arms. There is a range of accommodation options available for backpackers, family vacationers and even couples on their honeymoon. If you love crowds, you’ll fit right into the party crowd and bunk in the hostels nearby. However, if you love some peace and quiet, you can find private vacation apartments and hotels in serene parts of the town. All in all, there’s something for everyone in this Ecuadorian town.
- Parties don’t stop: What better way to forget about routine work than with partying all day and night. Montañita is the kind of place that a party crowd feels right at home and never wants to leave. Picture nightclubs themed like prisons like the Alcatraz Discotec, all-night waterfront parties and strong cocktails.
- Surfing: Montañita is known as a fantastic destination for surfers. Surfing is one of the most popular activities in the town. Catching a wave while enjoying the picturesque views and throwing on a gringo-hat right after is a perfect way of spending a day. It doesn’t matter whether you know how to surf or not, all you need is passion, and you can get beginner lessons as well as rent boards on the beach.
- Cuisine: Have you tried street food before? If not, you don’t know what you’re missing out on in your food list. Ecuadorian culture is diverse, and as such, the range of foods is also diverse and nothing short of mind-blowing. There’s ceviche everywhere on carts, the variety of fruits is also amazing as well as excellent burgers and seafood.
- The beach: Visit Montañita for the beaches, surfing, food and exceptional nightlife. The beaches on Montañita feature incredible views of the beautiful blue skies and warm azure waters. The soft yellow sands also make the beaches an absolute delight. The smooth texture of the sand under your feet, brisk winds, and amazing views will knock all the stress out of your system and restore you to optimum energy levels.
- An endless pool of activities: It’s incredible how much there is to do and see in Montañita despite its size. When you first arrive, you’ll tiptoe around the activities by only visiting restaurants, beaches, landmarks and attraction sites. After your first week, you’re ready to delve into burgers, pizza, ceviche, Spanglish and all-night parties. By the end of it, you’ll be one of the locals and very hesitant to leave the paradise island.
Finally: The funky beach town has enough charms to sway you into staying longer than you planned. As a matter of fact, you’ll never want to leave.